How to Hide Apps on iPhone Without Uninstallation? 4 Best ways
When you add a new app to an iPhone, its icon appears on the home screen, usually on the last page. For people who have occasional relations with their applications, this convention helps you remember everything you have right now. Although, due to such settings, maintaining a stacked and organized initial screen may be a challenge. If you have too many apps on multiple pages on your home screen or want to keep some apps personal, you need to find a more intelligent way to organize your app collection. The iOS has a feature that allows you to hide applications you don’t use or want to avoid showing them all the time.
The easiest way to organize apps for iPhone is with the help of App Library, which became available from iOS 14. The current Apple operating system makes it easy to remove apps from the home screen to track them in your library. Here are some best ways to start hiding apps on an iPhone.
Where do the apps go when you hide them on the iPhone?
Unless you remove an app from your iPhone by deleting it, the app will always be stored in the application library on the right page of your iPhone’s Home Pane. This means at least you can search App Library to find the absent app on your iPhone. So be sure that while you’re working with the many methods in this article about how to hide the apps on the iPhone, you can still find the app when you need it! In each section, you’ll find additional information about where applications are located using the hide method described in this section.
How to hide apps on iPhone
Although there’s no way to completely hide the apps on the iPhone, you can make them more challenging to find. Hide apps will also free up space on your phone’s home screen. So you don’t have to see apps that you don’t use very often. Here are a few ways to hide your iPhone apps, Siri offers, and App Store purchases history.
How to hide apps on your iPhone via folders
To hide the app on your iPhone, move to the Home screen and tap and hold an app. Then select Edit Home Pane and drag the app to another application. In the end, open the folder and drag the app you want to hide to the right to create a new folder window.
- Go to Your iPhone Home Pane. You can do this on the older iPhone by pressing the Home button at the bottom of the screen. On iPhone X or newer models, you can quickly drag your finger up from the bottom of the screen.
- Then tap and hold an app. You can let it go when you see that a pop-up menu appears.
- Then select Edit Home Pane.
- Then press and keep pressing the app for seconds and drag it onto another application. This will create a new folder on your iPhone home screen with both applications inside.
- Then open the folder. To do this, just tap the new folder on the home screen.
- Then haul the app to the right to generate a new folder window. You can do this by dragging the app to the right end of the folder. This will create a new folder window in which you will hide the app.
- Finally, tap an empty area on the screen and tap Done. You’ll notice this in the top right corner of the mobile screen.
How to hide the single app on your iPhone with App Library?
Here are a few simple steps to hide an app on your iPhone using the App Library:
Step 1: Press and hold the app for some seconds that you want to hide. A menu will appear.
Step 2: Select the option (in red) to remove the application from your home screen.
Step 3: You’ll be allowed to delete or remove the app from the page permanently.
Step 4: Select the second option. This will not uninstall the application; it’ll just hide it from your home page.
These methods and steps will offer you an easy two-minute solution to hide annoying or personal applications from your initial screen. This way, you can avoid rarely used applications and create more space for those you use regularly. But what do you want to do if you want to hide an entire app page? We have something for you.
How to hide app page on iPhone
You can also hide a full page of apps and get rid of that page in one stroke if you like. And since it’s straightforward to restore the same page, it’s a great way to hide application groups that you only use from time to time.
- Tap and hold on an empty portion of the screen until the applications start to move
- Tap points at the bottom of the screen
- You’ll now be able to see miniature versions of all your screens (except for the Application Library and Today View). A check mark shall be made under each visible screen; deselect any screen you want to hide and tap Finish in the top right.
- To “remove” hiding any of the screens, follow the same guidelines and replace the screen check you want to see again.
How to hide apps from your iPhone search
Even if you hide the apps deep in a folder on your iPhone, someone who has decided to spy can quickly find your hidden apps using Search. That’s why you should also know how to hide the apps from iPhone Search. In this section, we’ll use the Settings app to keep our applications thoroughly, including Search.
Go to iPhone Settings.
- Tap Siri and Search.
- Scroll down to the app tab and select the application you want to hide.
- Turn off Learn from this App, Suggest App, Show App in Search, Show Content In Search (Show Search Content), and both triggers marked as Suggest Shortcuts for App. Some switches may disappear during your work, but that’s normal. Just turn off all the triggers that stay while you’re down the list.
- Repeat this for all other applications you want to hide from iPhone Search. To find and remove the hide of an application on an iPhone Search, return to Siri & Search in the Settings app, tap the app and turn on the Siri Suggestions again.
There’s nothing more annoying than having a crowded and messy initial screen on the iPhone. If you want to organize your home screen or even hide a few inconvenient apps that you don’t want somebody to see, you can use an iOS feature that removes apps from your view without permanently deleting them. In this guide, we have examined how to hide the apps on the iPhone — this is one of the key tricks on the iPhone that will make your life easier.