TikTok is one of the majority admired social media platforms for creating and sharing short videos. TikTok allows you to block some viral accounts. So the question arises. What happens if a user you follow suddenly blocks you, and how do you know someone has blocked you on TikTok? We will tell you how to block someone on TikTok, unblock someone on TikTok, and check if someone is blocked on TikTok.
How can we unblock someone on TikTok
Follow the steps below.
1. Go to your profile
To assure that you have blocked a certain user, you must first access your profile. Tap the person icon indicated by the arrow in the lower right corner. Tap this option to open your TikTok profile.
2. Click the Three Dots icon
When you open your profile, you will see an icon with three dots in the upper right corner of the screen. Tapping this option will bring up a list of profile options. Click on the drop-down menu, and it should appear.
3. Select “Privacy and Settings.”
You will need to select “Privacy and Settings.” To do this, you must locate the option and tap it once.
4. Click Block List
The block list is displayed from this setting, and the block list must be opened to retrieve details of the list of users blocked in the past.
Once the block list is opened, you will see an option to unblock the user. Pick the username you desire to unblock and click on the “Unblock” option.
6. Select the user you want to unblock
After opening the block list, select a user and tap Unblock, shown in the figure.
How can we know if someone has blocked you?
Follow the steps below.
1. Check Your Following List
Once blocked, the person’s username will no longer appear in your follow list. Thus, this is an effective way to know if you are blocked. Here is how to review the following list.
- Open a TikTok account.
- Be present at your profile and hit the profile icon
- Tap Following.
- Enter the user’s name who may have been blocked and tap Search.
- If the results are not displayed, they have been blocked by the user.
2. Checking Messages and Comments
- Open TikTok: This is the app with the music notes inside. It is usually located on the home screen or in the app drawer (for Android).
- Tap the notification icon: The square balloon at the bottom of the screen is it.
- Tap on any comments or mentions you have made on that user’s video. You can also tap your tag added to their post. If you cannot see the video, you may be blocked. Try following that user.
3. Check Tags
Another method to know if you are blocked is to scan your tags. If a friend has posted an article about you, you should always be able to find it. Look for that post and see if it is still accessible. If it is not accessible, it may be blocked.
4. Trying to Follow Them
- Open the “Discover” page. It is marked with a globe or magnifying glass icon.
- Enter the other person’s user name and tap the “Search” key. A file of search outcomes will be displayed.
- Tap the person’s username. If blocked, the person’s account will hide the bio and video and display, “Due to user privacy settings, this person’s video cannot be viewed. However, some accounts are not blocked because they are not public to all but a few.
- Tap Follow. You are not blocked if you can follow (or request to follow) this person. If you see the message ″You can’t follow this account due to user privacy settings″, you may have been blocked by this user.
How to block someone on TikTok
TikTok does not block or report users very often, much like many other social networking platforms. Nevertheless, it is necessary to look closely at the necessary procedures.
Start the application and find the person you want to block. The great thing is that you do not need to follow the person to initiate a block. When the person’s post appears, tap the username and select the three vertical dots in the upper right corner of the screen.
A pop-up window with more actions will appear as soon as you do so. Tap the “Block” button under the various sharing options, and you are good to go. You can also report a user here. Hit the “Report” button, and TikTok will take you to the “Select Reason” window. You will need to check a few boxes before submitting, but the menu is intuitive and easy to use and will take less than a minute to report.
Conclusion: How to unblock someone on TikTok?
“How can we Unblock Someone on TikTok” concludes this article. In addition, we also have shown you how to block someone on TikTok. If you like this article, please think open to putting down a comment. Please share this article with your friends.
Read also, iMac Pro i7 4K: All You Need to Know!
Muhammad Adnan has been writing about the tech industry since 2018 on a variety of topics like Cybersecurity, cryptocurrency, Software, video games, the latest gadgets, and much more.