Apple announced M1 MacBook Air in late 2020 to drive the lightweight laptop family, and rumors say a redesign of this breakthrough device may soon be available.
On the net, the new MacBook has become even thinner and lighter, with the next generation of Apple Silicon processors and even more (breathtaking) color variations.
With the recently announced Apple M1 chip, Apple has launched two unmatched power laptops. With a 13″ MacBook Air and a 13″ MacBook Pro, Apple has proven its new technology can contribute to superior performance and battery life.
However, Apple knows some information about the company’s potential plans for the next-generation MacBook, not the end of this. Here are all the things you need to know, including details about its release date, specs, rumors, etc.
MacBook Air 2022 launch date
Reviewer Adnan argues that Apple will unleash a new MacBook Air in mid-2022 with a mini-LED display and a unique design. Bloomberg’s information comes from “someone familiar with the issue,” Given that reputable Bloomberg journalist Mark Gurman made the report, it may be true.
The existing generation of the 13-inch MacBook Air was unleashed on November 17, 2020, so it makes no doubt that the next generation will appear at some point during the year. However, this spun out to be false. Unfortunately, there was no statement on Macbook 2022. Apple held an “Unleashed” event on October 18, but again there was no mention of the new Macbook.
The estimated price for the new MacBook is about $1,200 (211,482 pounds). The price is high, but it can justify it with a more sophisticated look and upgraded technology. The last time the 14″ MacBook Pro came on board, it didn’t replace the 2020 M1 MacBook Pro 13″, so it’s worth considering whether the new MacBook is an upgrade from the previous model or a completely new one. There is little information about the price of the MacBook. So, it is difficult to estimate how much new models will cost. However, since Apple typically maintains a similar price range when transitioning to a new laptop generation, MacBook Air 2022 may see a starting price of 999 pounds.
Reliable informants and rumors tell us that the new MacBook expects a new large screen.
Apple MacBook Air Design
Apple will no longer have the wedge-shaped design of MacBook Air, and the next-generation version will no longer have a tapered appearance. The current MacBook Air has a sharp design with a thick back and a thin front, but Apple will instead move to a more uniform structure with a shape closer to MacBook Pro.
- The next MacBook is predicted to be more delicate and softer than the current model and incorporate design elements from the MacBook Pro and the 24″ iMac. Rumor has it that it has a slim off-white bezel with matching off-white keyboards, with multiple color variations such as iMac in the chassis.
- Apple has released the iMac in blue, green, pink, silver, yellow, orange, and purple, but MacBook Air may also have the same color options. It makes logical because the MacBook Air is an exciting entry-level device like the 24″ iMac, and this color separates it from the top models Silver and Space Gray’s MacBook Pro.
MacBook Air 2022: MagSafe and Ports
For years of MacBook fans, MagSafe charging was a critical function that separated Apple from PC. Unfortunately, however, Apple has removed MagSafe due to fire safety concerns and the move to USB Type-C.
- However, with the return of MagSafe in the new MacBook Pro, it is more likely to add to the next MacBook. According to the rumors, the developer will install it in the next generation of Air.
- Ming-Chi Kuo’s prediction of an entirely new form factor will support rumors that some of these changes are in progress. But he couldn’t explain in detail what the future laptop would look like, and there was more to us than speculation.
- The new MacBook Pro also includes an SD card reader and an HDMI port, but a detailed leak indicates that the MacBook may stick to the USB-C port only. It may not be a significant issue because USB-C has enabled more advanced connectivity, but those who want more port access may have to accept dongle life.
MacBook Air 2022: What We Want
When we reviewed the current generation 13″ MacBook, we were concerned with the lack of redesign and fewer ports. Apple is already working on a design change to make the MacBook thinner and lighter. We’ve been used to the current design for many years, so we hope that Apple will show you something great.
The current MacBook Air has only two Thunderbolt 3 ports and one headphone jack. We know that the new MacBook has two USB 4.0 ports (this time, we’re expecting one on each side), but we don’t know what to expect in the future. Hopefully, we’ll see a more diverse collection of ports coming to MacBook Air, including USB Type-A for legacy peripherals.
As part of the latest Power On newsletter, Mark Garman has revealed that Apple will launch a redesigned MacBook Air later this year. The 2022 model, MacBook Air, has been rumored and was previously expected to appear at the Apple Spring event that ended the other day but has been postponed.
To support this, Ming-Chi Kuo suggests that the production of the new MacBook Air will begin later this Q2 or early Q3 and may be launched in September. Therefore, Apple expects to release the new MacBook Air alongside the next iPhone 14 series.
Read also, Tesla Phone: launch date, specifications and price predictions