Why can’t I type in among us?
Major updates to video games bring a variety of improvements in gameplay, performance, features, user interface, bug fixes, and more. However, with updates come a plethora of new problems, bugs, and glitches that players will find. Among Us, the most popular online social deduction game of this generation is no exception.
The common problem is that some users cannot type in Among Us chat. If they cannot communicate with their teammates, they cannot play the game effectively. As it turns out, not being able to type in Among Us chat is a common problem, and there is a simple solution.
Why Can’t I Type In Among Us?
Among Us is a multiplayer social speculation game designed by Marcus Bromander, developed & published by InnerSloth LLC on June 15, 2018, and awarded the Best Multiplayer Game of 2020.
Among Us’ last major update featured the largest map in the game’s history, Airships, but the social deduction game has continued to make smaller updates since then. Each update to Among Us often fixes a bug or other issue. Occasionally, you may notice that you can no longer type in “Among Us,” but there are often other reasons as well. This section explains why the chat function appears to have been removed from “Among Us” and how to fix it.
There has been a problem with some players not being able to type in Among Us chat rooms. If you can’t interact with your teammates, you can’t play the game effectively. Not being able to type in Among Us chat is a common problem, and it turns out there is a simple fix. People under 12 years old can use quick chat after entering their age in the game. To learn how to disable the Among Us quick chat, please continue reading.
How to Disable Quick Chat
- If you find the Quick Chat feature offensive, you can disable the feature by following these steps.
- First, go to”Settings” and tap on “Data”.
- In the Chat Types section, click Free Chat or Quick Chat and switch between them.
- You can easily switch between Free Chat and Quick Chat.
Tap the chatbox and type your message or select Quick Chat from the box. If you still cannot chat or type, follow nest Solutions.
Sign into Account in Among Us
After the new Airship Update, many people have problems and errors in the game due to many additional features and sign-in updates.
Because of the update, you may face sign-in errors, won’t let you type or chat until you log in to your account. You can play in Among us game by joining from a guest account, but the chatbox and input are disabled for guest users. You can make a quick chat in-game.
If you are already playing “Among Us” in guest mode, please follow the instructions below to sign in to your free account.
- Go to the “Among Us” game on your device.
- Tap the account with the “Among Us” character in the left-center of the screen.
- Now, tap the Sign In button.
- Then, select your Google account.
- Enter your Google account password.
- Finally, grant all permissions and access to the game.
By employing this simple fix, you should have no problem communicating with your friends using the personalized texting system.
However, if you are already signed in to your account but cannot access Free Chat, it could be another problem, which we will discuss in the next section of this article.
Change Your Age in Among Us in PC
If you are using the PC version of “Among Us,” please follow the instructions below. Changing the age to a larger number is easy and can be done by following these steps
- First of all, Go to C: Users[username\AppData\LocalLow\Innersloth\AmongUs] and open the folder.
- Right-click on the playerPrefs file, select “Open With,” and open the file in Notepad.
- Find the string of numbers corresponding to the birthday you specified when starting the game.
- For example, a birthday of March 13, 2020, would be written as “13,3,2020.”
- Change the year to a year older than 18, e.g., the 1990s.
- Once saved, close the file.
Change Age in Android
- Go to Mobile Settings and then to Apps and Notifications.
- Go to Between Us and click on it.
- Choose the Storage option and select “Clear data”.
- Start Among us and enter “New Date of Birth.” When entering your new date of birth, make sure you are at least 18 years of age.
Change age in iOS
iOS users have no additional option but to uninstall and reinstall the game and enter 18 or older when reinstalling. This solution is the only way to enter the Among Us game.
- Hold the Among Us app icon.
- Select the option to Delete the app.
- Click Remove, then click Remove to confirm it again.
- Then download and install Among Us game from the App Store.
In conclusion, we have covered almost every possible reason and workaround to fix the “unable to type” error throughout this guide. Players initially thought that the developers of “Among Us” had completely eliminated the standard chat feature. However, that was not the case; the patch notes for the Airship update did not include any relevant information regarding the transformation of the chat options that had caused such massive outrage from the gaming community.
Read also, Can we Connect Airpods to Xbox One?
Muhammad Adnan has been writing about the tech industry since 2018 on a variety of topics like Cybersecurity, cryptocurrency, Software, video games, the latest gadgets, and much more.