If your iPad unavailable, you may wonder how it happened and how to escape this problematic situation. Luckily, you can fix the iPad not working by yourself if you know the right way and how to do it.
This article explains why the iPad is unavailable and how to fix it effortlessly. We will share various ways with their step-by-step guide so that you can follow them and unlock your device without any expertise or prior experience.
Why is my iPad called iPad Unavailable on the lock screen? What does it mean?
The iPad passcode is intended for additional security of the device so that no one can use it without entering the correct combination. It serves as security but can be cumbersome if locked from the device many times after entering the wrong combination.
If you enter the wrong passcode five times in a row on the iPad, your device temporarily becomes unavailable for one minute, and you receive a message that says you can’t use the iPad or type the wrong passcode too many times, it will be available the ninth time. If you make a 10th typing error, the iPad will be permanently disabled.
If you see a message that the iPad is unavailable and you do not have a timer to retry the passcode, you have reached the limit of 10 consecutive attempts. You may not use your device for any purpose, including calling, camera, or data communication. The device cannot be used again until it is reset.
You may have understood why the iPad is no longer available. Let’s look at how to recover an unavailable iPad in various ways.
How to Fix “iPad unaailable” Without a PC?
There are many ways to fix the situation where an iPad is unavailable, but here are some simple things you can try without a PC.
1) If iPhone/iPad is iOS15.2 or iPad15.2 or later
If your iPad is updated to iPadOS 15.2 or later, you can easily fix issues where the iPad is unavailable without hassle.
With iPad’s 15.2 or iOS 15.2, Apple has introduced an easy way to reset a device when it becomes unavailable. When locked out, two buttons appear at the bottom of the screen. One is the Emergency button, and the other is the Erase iPad button.
- Press to erase iPad.
- Again you will confirm “erase iPad”
- Now, your android will ask you to put your Apple ID as well as password to remove. Enter your credentials and tap Clear iPad. Now, your iPad does everything by itself. It erases data and settings and resets your device. You could then set it as the latest device.
2) iPhone and iPad OSs are pre-iOS15.2
If your iPadOS/iOS version is 15.1 or earlier, the Clear iPhone button does not appear at the bottom. In this case, you need to use a personal computer. You need to put your device into recovery mode before you can reset it using your computer.
- First, turn off the device. Now, depending on the model, you need to press and hold a specific button on the device. For iPhone 8, as well as other devices, utilize the side button. But For iPhone 7 and 7 Plus, utilize the 2nd button of volume. But 1st Gen of iPhone SE Home button use for iPad is unavailable.
- Connect your device to your computer while holding down the button. Wait to release the button until the recovery screen appears on the device.
- Now, go to Finder. You are prompted to restore. Click Restore to reset it without your permission and fix any problems that the iPad cannot use.
3) “iPad unavailable”? Clear unavailable iPad via find my iPad
If Find iPad is enabled, you can use the application to reset your device. It can do remotely, and you can use other people’s mobile phones.
- Take someone’s phone out and enter the Apple ID and password.
- After logging in, you will see various options at the bottom of the screen. Device”. You will see your iPad there.
- Tap on your iPad. Tap “Erase this device,” as you will see various options. Tap Continue. While your smartphones will clear all data.
How to Unlock iPad unavailable in Tenorshare 4uKey?
Tenorshare 4uKey is an all-in-one solution for unlocking iPad, iPhones and iPods. It can remove the device’s passcode without Apple ID and password. It works in every situation, whether the device is unavailable, the screen is broken, Apple ID is disabled, or you forgot your passcode. You can get rid of the situation immediately. You can delete passcodes, screen time passcodes, and MDM login screens.
The good part is that you could use this without experience or expertise. Just take a few simple steps, and you’re done. If you’re looking for a solution to reset your locked-out iPad, you can use Tenorshare 4uKey. Works with all iOS/iPadOS versions and iPad/iPhone models.
Download Tenorshare 4uKey.
- You will see various options on your screen. By default, iPhone unlock mode is selected. Click Start.
- Attach your iPad to your PC; then the software will automatically scan. You will click on Next for further procedure.
- You need to click on recovery mode to restart your smartphone. The software will give you step-by-step instructions. Follow them and put your device into recovery mode.
- It will assist the best option for your iPad. You will choose a location on your PC as well as press the installation button. It downloads the firmware on itself.
- Finally, click Start to Remove. The software will start the reset process. You have to wait a few minutes. The software will display an unlock message. Now you can use your device.
How to Fix iPad Unavailable in iTunes?
iTunes is another solution to fix unavailable iPad. This is the official solution and does not require third-party tools or services. Please follow the steps below.
- Start your Computer or Mac the upgrade iTunes to the latest version.
- You will off your iPad as well as enter it into recovery mode. Earlier in the article, we explained how to put your device into recovery mode. Press and hold the button on your iPhone to connect your device to your computer. For iPhone 8, as well as other devices, utilize the side button. But For iPhone 7 and 7 Plus, utilize the 2nd button of volume. But 1st Gen of iPhone SE Home button use for ipad unavailable.
- Release the buttons when you see the recovery mode screen. Now, open iTunes. Go to the Overview tab. You will see a “Restore” option there. Click it and restore your device.
Frequently Asked Questions
What should I do if my iPhone shows as disabled?
If your iPhone shows as unusable, you have no choice but to reset it. We have explained various methods on how to fix the iPad’s unavailability, so you can use any of them to solve the problem.
How to reset the iPad unavailable without iTunes or a passcode?
You can use Tenorshare 4uKey. No passcode, Apple ID or password is required. Just connect your device and follow the steps we have provided.
How to remove unavailable iPad?
You need to reset the device to remove the unavailable message on the iPad. To reset your device, you can use Tenorshare 4uKey, Find My app, or iTunes. Both are as described above.
Summary: iPad unavailable
After entering the wrong passcode too many times in a row, you get an iPad unavailable message. But it can solve in various ways. We have explained what iPad unavailable means and how to restore an unavailable iPad. We have shared various methods, so choose the best one according to your situation.
Muhammad Adnan has been writing about the tech industry since 2018 on a variety of topics like Cybersecurity, cryptocurrency, Software, video games, the latest gadgets, and much more.